Information We May Collect About You
We will collection information about you when you visit and use various elements relating to our website, also to fulfil your requirements and request, in relation to inquiries, quotations and orders Windows Plus will need to store your name, home address, email address, telephone number and URL if applicable. Windows Plus do not store your bank card details. Should this data not come all at once, we will add this data to any existing data we have already collected.
Any of the information or data referred to in this paragraph may or may not constitute or include Personal Data.
How Long We Keep Your Information
For Inquiries and quotations, Windows Plus will keep your data for 12 months, as in most instances, this is how long the quote is valid for. All Sales related information is stored for 25 years due to the validity of parts and labour warranty.
Windows Plus will need to use this information for relevant contact only.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
Windows Plus are only able to process your information if we have a “legal basis” to do so. We have a legal basis to process information under this policy if:
- You have given us consent to process your personal data or
- We need to process your information in order to provide you with our products or services or
- Processing is necessary to allow us to comply with our legal obligations
Your Consent To Processing
If you have previously given your consent to the processing of your information, you may freely withdraw such consent at any time. You can do this by writing to us or by using our website. You can find our details at the end of this policy.
How We Use Your Information
We will use your information for the following purposes:
- To help us identify you and any account you hold with us
- To assist us in complying and enforcing any legal obligations
- Administration of your customer account and any products or services your order from us
- Billing and order fulfilment
- To improve our services
- Registering reviews with governing bodies – Explicit consent will be asked for before doing this.
- Marketing (see below)
If you are an existing customer, or a previous customer of the past year we may send you gifts to say ‘Thank You’ for custom or a reminder for other services we provide (i.e. Recommend a friend and receive £20). If you wish to opt out of this service, you can do so by contacting us using our details below.
Windows Plus take technical and organisational measures in accordance with good industry practice to safeguard your information. However, while we use all reasonable practices to ensure your physical data is secure, you acknowledge that the use of our internet services may not always be entirely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
This section sets out your legal rights in respect of any of your Personal Data that we are holding and/or processing. If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights you should put your request in writing to us (using our contact details below) giving us enough information to identify you and respond to your request.
- You have the right (which up until 25 May 2018 may be subject to the payment of a small fee) to request information about Personal Data that we may hold and/or process about you, including: whether or not we are holding and/or processing your Personal Data; the extent of the Personal Data we are holding; and the purposes and extent of the processing.
- You have the right to have any inaccurate information we hold about you be corrected and/or updated. If any of the Information that you have provided changes, or if you become aware of any inaccuracies in such Information, please let us know in writing giving us enough information deal with the change or correction.
- You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we delete all Personal Data we hold about you (the ‘right of erasure’). Please note that this right of erasure is not available in all circumstances, for example where we need to retain the Personal Data for legal compliance purposes. If this is the case we will let you know.
- You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data, for example where the Personal Data is inaccurate or where you have objected to the processing (see below).
- You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to have it provided in a structured format suitable for you to be able to transfer it to a different data controller (the ‘right to data portability’). Please note that the right to data portability is only available in some circumstances, for example where the processing is carried out by automated means. If you request the right to data portability and it is not available to you we will let you know.
- You have the right in certain circumstances to object to processing of your Personal Data. If so, we shall stop processing your Personal Data unless we can demonstrate sufficient and compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the processing which override your own interests.
- You have the right in certain circumstances not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, for example where a computer algorithm (rather than a person) makes decisions which affect your contractual rights. Please note that this right is not available in all circumstances. If you request this right and it is not available to you we will let you know.
If you have any concerns about how we collect or process your Information then you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, which for the UK is the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (‘ICO’). Complaints can be submitted to the ICO through the ICO helpline by calling 0303 123 1113. Further information about reporting concerns to the ICO is available at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Changes to the Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review and may change it from time to time. If we change this Policy we will post the changes on our Site and place notices on our Site as applicable, so that you may be aware of the Information we collect and how we use it at all times.
Our Contact Details
We encourage your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us please send an email to email@example.com, write to us at Unit 3 Napier Street, Coventry CV1 5PR, or get in contact with us via our website www.windows-plus.co.uk.